Australia is one of the most beautiful countries in the world with over 5000 beaches.
- Weather in Australia remains pleasant throughout the year, unlike some countries which have a freezing temperature in winters!
- Australia is a popular study destination for students looking for premium education at world-class universities
- 7 out of 100 top universities in the world are Australian
- 5 out of 30 best student cities in the world are in Australia.
- Cost of higher education in Australia is much lesser than countries like the UK, USA, etc.
- The Indian system of education (12+3) is well accredited for getting a master’s degree from Australia.
- Australian education is recognized and praised globally.
- Study Visa regulations for Australia is simple, straight forward and fair.
The government of Australia provides approximately 200 million Australian dollars annually towards International scholarships.
Australia has the third highest number of international students in the world behind only the United Kingdom and the United States despite having a population of only 23 million.
A student opting to study in Australia can not only get a world-class education but also a quality life which includes a rich culture and sports as Australia is also a sports-oriented country.
The Education system in Australia
The Australian education system is distinguished from many other countries by the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). The AQF was established in 1995 and is a national policy that covers qualifications from the tertiary education sector (higher education and vocational education and training) in addition to the school-leaving certificate; the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education.
The AQF has 10 levels and links school, vocational and university education qualifications into one national system.
If you are studying an AQF qualification, you can be sure that your institution is Government-authorised and nationally accredited, and that your degree or other AQF qualification will be genuine.
A bachelor’s degree will take three years, and a further year of study will lead to an Honors degree. Not every degree follows this 3+1 pattern; there are some four-year degrees (which may or may not be awarded Honors), and some specialist bachelor’s degrees which take longer to complete.
A bachelor’s degree may be followed by a Master’s degree. A candidate who does not hold an Honors degree may be awarded a Master’s degree with honors; such a degree usually involves two years study, compared to one year for a Master’s degree for a candidate who does have an Honors degree. A candidate who has either a Master’s degree or a bachelor’s degree with Honors may proceed to a doctoral degree.
Graduate/Advanced – Diploma/Certificate
A one-year full-time course of study for graduates. It does not always require its students to have prior learning or experience in the subject matter of the diploma.
A one-year full-time study, designed for graduates, which builds on the subject matter in the academic field of the previous degree.
Applying for a Course or Institute
The academic year in Australia varies between states and institutions, but generally runs from early March to late November, or mid-July to late June with seasonal holidays and breaks for each educational institution.
English Language Requirements
All students must be fluent in English language if they are to succeed at university in Australia. A band score of 5.5+ for undergraduate &6.0+ for postgraduate courses is desirable.
Documents needed for applying for a study visa in Australia are: resume, statement of purpose, mark sheets & certificates of X, XII, till Graduation or relevant degree transcripts (If applicable), Certificates of extra-curricular activities, work experience certificates (If applicable), a copy of the student’s passport , and preferably reference letters from colleges & employers.
The tuition fees to study abroad in Australia vary from course to course and university to university. An undergraduate or Bachelor’s degree can cost anywhere between A$ 15,000 and A$ 33, 000 approximately per year. The cost of studying a Diploma or Post-Graduate Diploma in Australia may cost A$ 10,000 to A$ 20,000 approximately per year, while the cost of studying for a Post Graduate Degree may be anywhere between A$ 20,000 and A$ 35,000. The estimated living cost or living expenses in Australia can be betweenA$15,000 to A$ 20,000 approximately per year.
- The Australian National University
- Bond University
- Central Queensland University
- Charles Darwin University
- Curtin University, Sydney
- Deakin University
- Griffith University
- The University of Melbourne
- Queensland University of Technology
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
- Kangan Batman Institute of TAFE
- Southern Cross University
- Gold Coast Institute of TAFE
- Holmesglen Institute of TAFE
- The University of Adelaide
- The University of Queensland
- The University of Sydney
- University of Canberra
- Southbank Institute of Technology
- University of Tasmania
- Victoria University
- Melbourne Institute of Business and Technology
- La Trobe Melbourne
- South Australia Institute of Business and Technology
- South Australia Institute of Business and Technology
- Perth Institute of Business and Technology
- Sydney Institute of Business and Technology
- Curtin University Sydney
- Queensland Institute of Business and Technology
- Queensland International Business Academy
- ECA Global
- Cambridge International College