• New Zealand is one of the most peaceful and developed countries you could choose to study
• New Zealand has an excellent education system, which is highly respected internationally
• New Zealand institutions have an international reputation for providing quality education
• It offers a safe learning environment which provides excellent and broad range of study and research opportunities and support services for international students
• Most international students find New Zealand friendly, easy-going people who are interested in meeting those from other cultures and in travelling overseas
• The high-quality teaching in New Zealand will make you even more attractive to employers and open up exciting work and employment opportunities
• With reasonable entry requirements and affordable tuition fee, New Zealand is one of the fastest growing study destinations for international students
• New Zealand is known to have beautiful landscapes and stunning scenic beauty which is unmatchable
The education system in New Zealand is a three-tier model which includes primary schools, followed by secondary schools (high schools) and tertiary education at universities and/or polytechnics.The academic year in New Zealand varies between institutions, but generally runs from late January until mid-December for schools and polytechnics, and from late February until mid-November for universities.
A bachelor’s degree will take three years, and a further year of study will lead to an Honors degree. Not every degree follows this 3+1 pattern; there are some four year degrees (which may or may not be awarded with Honors), and some specialist bachelor’s degrees which take longer to complete.
A bachelor’s degree may be followed by a Master’s degree. A candidate who does not hold an Honors degree may be awarded a Master’s degree with honors; such a degree usually involves two years study, compared to one year for a Master’s degree for a candidate who does have an Honors degree. A candidate who has either a Master’s degree or a bachelor’s degree with Honors may proceed to a doctoral degree.
1 or 2 year diploma programs for students who have just completed schooling and are looking to start higher studies but not necessarily a bachelor’s degree. Most of these diplomas further staircase into bachelor’s degree.
A one-year, full-time course of study for bachelor degree graduates. It does not always require its students to have prior learning or experience in the subject matter of the diploma.
A one-years full-time study, designed for graduates, which builds on the subject matter in the academic field of the previous degree.
The academic year in New Zealand is from late February to mid-November and most Universities have 2 semesters with summer holidays of about 4 weeks in June. Intakes are in February, July. Some courses and institutions offer September intake as well.
Requirements All students must be fluent in English language if they are to succeed at university in New Zealand. A band of 5.5+ for undergraduate & 6.0+ for postgraduate courses is desirable.
Documents needed for applying for a study visa in New Zealand are: resume, statement of purpose, marksheets & certificates of X, XII, till Graduation or relevant degree transcripts (If applicable), Certificates of extra-curricular activities, work experience certificates (If applicable), a copy of the student’s passport , and preferably reference letters from colleges & employers.
The tuition fees to study abroad in New Zealand vary from course to course and university to university. An undergraduate or Bachelor’s degree can cost anywhere between NZ$ 18,000 and NZ$ 25, 000 approximately per year. The cost of studying a Diploma or Post-Graduate Diploma in New Zealand may cost NZ$ 10,000 to NZ$ 20,000 approximately per year, while cost of studying for a Post Graduate Diploma may be anywhere between NZ$ 15,000 and NZ$ 30,000. The estimated living cost or living expenses in New Zealand can be NZ$12,000 and NZ$ 15,000 approximately per year.
- Auckland University of Technology
- Lincoln University
- University of Auckland
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology (CPIT)
- Eastern Institute of Technology (EIT)
- Manukau Institute of Technology
- Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology (NMIT)
- Tasman International Academies
- Linguis International Institute
- BOP Polytechnic
- New Zealand Institute Of Education
- Otago Polytechnic
- Southern Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Royal Business College
- NZ School of Education
- Universal College of Learning (UCOL)
- Waiariki Institute of Technology
- Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- Wellington Institute of Technology (Weltec)
- Western Institute of Technology at Taranaki (WITT)
- Whitireia Community Polytechnic
- Canterbury International Institute (Auckland)
- Cornell Institute of Business of Business and Technology
- Design and Arts College of New Zealand
- ICL Business School
- International Aviation Academy of New Zealand
- International College of Auckland
- National Technology Institute (Auckland)
- New Zealand Management Academies (NZMA)
- New Zealand School of Education
- New Zealand Institute of Technical Training (NITT)
- New Zealand Tertiary College
- Newton College of Business and Technology
- National Tertiary Education Consortium (Ntec)
- Pacific International Hotel Management School
- Queen’s Academic Group
- Quantum Education Group
- PIHMS, New Zealand
Applying for higher education overseas is a huge decision both financially and emotionally, therefore it is mandatory to make a right and wise decision. Team Silver Fern is always ready to gleefully guide and help students to make the right study-abroad plans. Our experts have years of experience in providing the students with the right information and answer all their queries. We apprise the students of a whole gamut of universities and institutes that offer varied courses. And then we help students zero in on the university that best suit their objectives. Anyone is welcome to walk in and enquire about the different options available for them.
We ensure that the visa applications get processed faster and you get the visa without needless delays. Being a New Zealand Specialist Agency, we obtain a decision for a Visa within 10-15 working days. We have an amazing 98% success rate for visa approvals
We give special attention to your application and also help with the most important “Statement of Purpose”. Our staff follows up with the chosen University and ensures a positive and quick response. We deliver what we promise!
To be a market leader in overseas education industry in the years to come and to setup service delivery mechanisms which are a benchmark in the industry, use innovation and out of box thinking as tools to provide solutions to students looking to go abroad for further studies.